Mia: 29 years old, female, Londoner, consumer, teacher, penpal, sister, wife, animal lover, dreamer, planner, crafter, joker, love. My Instagram

Thursday 10 June 2010

Monday Musings

This is an odd sort of update... nothing of real substance, more of an excuse to show you some pics I've been hoarding ;)

I haven't really been dressing up, it's far too humid to wear tights and my legs are not ready to be disclosed to the world yet. Also, if I don't wear tights, I can't bike in my dress... so that's a definite no-no. But I miss my dresses :(


Here is one of my much loved outfits of late. I really love the lacey tights, these are my peach/nude coloured ones, with my peach dress. I wore this to go sunbathing at the lake a week or two ago. I got many stares and realised this dress is just a little too short to bike in. But I did it anyway (with one hand on the handlebars and the other holding the hem of my dress).


And here are my nails. I got really bored and decided to repeat the leopard pattern I attempted before, but using this nice mint green colour I picked up in Primark over my 2 day trip to London.



On Friday I decided to go with curly hair. My hair is really fine and has a really annoying wavy shape to it. It's not wavy enough to be nice, it makes waves in weird places and if I just leave it to dry naturally it's rubbish. I managed to get some quite nice curls this time though, which is rare for me because curls usually fall out pretty easily in my hair.



I towel dried my hair and then just twisted large sections around themselves and pinned them into little coils close to my head. When they were almost dry I undid the coils, combed my fingers through the sections to define the curls, scrunched them with wet hands and gave a final spritz of hairspray.

I'm in France now for at least a week. The weather here is much cooler than in Italy and it's nice to get some decent, non-sweat-drenched sleep... although I'm missing my bf immensely. I'm going to go into Lyon city centre when the shops have opened after lunch. I need to get my brother in law a bday card, I also need some shampoo and conditioner (nearly 5 Euros a bottle at the supermarket around the corner!!!) and I wanted to look in some of my favourite shops here, but just window shopping ;)

I hope you've all had a lovely weekend, I start my work experience this week, so I'm sure my updates will be even more slack than ever ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment