Mia: 29 years old, female, Londoner, consumer, teacher, penpal, sister, wife, animal lover, dreamer, planner, crafter, joker, love. My Instagram

Wednesday 7 April 2010

It's really hard to...

...take pictures of jewellery without an SLR.

I said I would get pics and that is exactly what I have done. Although they are not very good pics. There are a few reasons for this:

  1. There is terrible natural light, so I had to rely on the daylight lamp. Not ideal
  2. As I have said many a time, my camera is dying and isn't good at the auto focus it's supposed to be good at.
  3. Taking pictures of a ring leaves you with only one hand to balance camera and said daylight lamp which was misbehaving and not staying still.
  4. These rings are small, detailed and have sparkly details I just can't seem to capture on my rubbish camera
That being said, here are the rings (which I am wearing as I type) I promise to get new ones as soon as I remember to hijack someone else's camera.

My great-grandmother's opal ring. I'm not sure when she bought this but it's at least 50 years old. Opal was her birthstone. It's not mine, but that's ok, I'm not supersticious.







Those last two show you some of the awesome qualities of the opal. It's quite a pale stone, not as
firey as some opals, but I love it and the setting, because it's been in our family for 4 generations now.
(and hopefully many more to come!)

My Nanny's engagement ring (Nanny as in grandmother, not aupair (: ) I'll have to ask my mother if
she knows which year it's from, but it's definitely 30's, so 70+ years old.







I found it really difficult to capture the details of the ring and the sparkle of the diamonds. I'll
have to look up how to photograph rings properly and then comandeer a decent camera!

So I have learned several things today. Apart from the above I've also realised that I really don't like my hands :( But that's ok, they'll look better once I've lost some more weight (21lbs down people!)

Ciao for now xx

No comments:

Post a Comment