Mia: 29 years old, female, Londoner, consumer, teacher, penpal, sister, wife, animal lover, dreamer, planner, crafter, joker, love. My Instagram

Thursday 24 February 2011

Best compliment ever?

I had a tummy bug. I dropped 8lbs in 4 days. Of course, I've regained some of that. Well, around 2.5lbs anyway. Seeing as I have mostly survived on coffee and chocolate this week, I can't imagine that I will keep that weight off for much longer...

However, last Saturday we decided, hell yeah, why don't we just get on a train and go to Turin to have dinner with the bf's parents? I mean, it's not like we don't have tonnes of stuff to do at home (as always) and it's not as if we can really afford the tain fares, but heck, you only live once right? And it was a flipping good dinner!

Sorry, I digress.

We were at dinner, I was already pretty tipsy and decided to chance getting up to go to the toilet before we left so I wasn't busting by the time we got home and had to face the inevitable queue for the bathroom. When I returned to the table, the bf leaned over and told me that his Dad had called me a grissino as I got up to leave.

A grissino? I hear you cry!

Yes, a grissino, also known as a breadstick. It's apparently the Italian term for someone who is slim. Now, I don't think I am slim, by any stretch of the imagination, but I am starting to resemble what I consider a "normal person's shape" and I'm a mere 5lbs off a 'healthy' BMI, which is exciting, although pretty abstract and meaningless all the same.

But, seriously, I am so going to take that compliment and use it to keep me going through all my chocolate cravings (and consumption). Me? A grissino? You ain't seen nothing yet ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment